This 5-day hands on course provides students with exposure to the core skills, workflows, and concepts involved in professional nonlinear editing on Avid Media Composer. Session time is divided between demonstration and hands-on practice, with dedicated lab time for experimentation with sample material.
All our teachers are working editors who know how Avid is used on real-world projects—not just what it says in the manual.
What You Will Learn
- Capturing media and preparing for editing
- Organizing source material in bins
- Using basic editing techniques for sync and non-sync material
- Trimming and fine-tuning video and audio
- Enhancing audio
- Creating horizontal, multilayered and nested effects
- Using basic 3D warp effects
- Creating titles with Avid Marquee
- Finishing and final output
Who Should Attend?
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Avid Media Composer. Common attendees include producers, editors, assistant editors and multimedia producers.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation. Basic knowledge of editing terminology is recommended
Upcoming ClassesApril 27 - May 1, 2015
July 13 - 17, 2015
Schedule10:00 am to 5:00 pm, M-F